Set in the unspoiled south surrounded by 70 acres of gardens and the Blue Bay Marine Park, Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa is located on a magnificent stretch of Mauritius's south coast, we believe it offers the best all inclusive package in Mauritius. There’s so much included from fine dining to champagne by the glass and the resort itself offers complete relaxation.
The extensive all inclusive package features á la carte and fine dining at 3 of the 4 restaurants (the 4th restaurant offers buffet meals which are also included), a huge selection of internationally branded drinks, including champagne by the glass from 6pm.
And there a countless things for guests to do during their stay, unwind on one of the three beaches, treat yourself to an indulgent afternoon at the spa or try out one of the complimentary land and water sports. If you'd like to uncover a magical underwater world then there's some great snorkelling just off the beach or you could practise your swing at the pitch & putt Golf course.
- Enjoy á la carte and fine dining
- Champagne by the glass from 6pm
- Relax on a choice of 3 beaches
The luxurious and sophisticated rooms, apartments and suites are all sea facing offering a unique and individual atmosphere. The extensive range of accommodation caters perfectly for couples and families.
All rooms, apartments and suites include:
- Individually controlled air-conditioning, private bathroom with bathtub, shower and W.C, king or twin beds, minibar, safe, hairdryer, international direct dialing telephone, free WIFI, television with satellite channels and complimentary tea & coffee making facilities.
- Non-Smoking Policy:
- All rooms, restaurants, bars and public areas of the hotel are non-smoking areas.
Restaurants and Bars
All of the superb restaurants are included in the package including three restaurants which offer á la carte or fine dining. There's champagne by the glass from 6pm, an impressive wine list including over 40 carefully selected wines, soft drinks and imported spirits. Whether you are looking for a quiet dining experience or a lively atmosphere from elegant Italian cuisine to light lunches and buffets with live cooking stations there is something for everyone.
Occasionally the hotel may use one of its restaurants for a group booking and post-Easter to September the hotel may close two of its restaurants.
Dress Code: During the day the dress code is casual, during the evening the restaurants prefer guests to be smart-casual, so shirts and trousers (full length) for men.
Le Grand Port
The restaurant has wooden decking which extends down towards the beach, around the pool plus also offers lovely views over the pool itself and lagoon.
• Open for breakfast between 07:00 and 10:00, lunch between 12:30 and 15:00 and dinner between 18:30 and 21:30. Seats 320.
Le Sirius Grill & Bar
This restaurant has a stunning location looking out across the hotel's second pool.
• Open for breakfast (seasonally) between 07:30 and 10:00, lunch between 12:15 and 14:45 and dinner (on reservation) from 19:00 and 22:00. Seats 120.
Ponte Vecchio has a fantastic, lively atmosphere and serves delicious Mediterranean á la carte cuisine at its location right in the heart of the hotel's entertainment area.
• Open for á la carte dinner between 19:00 and 22:00. Seats 80
Enjoy a unique dining experience at Shandrani's Thai restaurant. You can enjoy a fine dining taster menu that changes weekly and is filled with various flavours and spices! Teak Elephant is available for guests over 12 years old and is open between 19:00 and 22:00. Seats 70.
Blue Bay Bar
The Blue Bay Bar is set in the heart of the hotel overlooking the main pool. Delicious pancakes, snacks, tea and coffee are served from 15:00 to 17:00.
• Open from 10:00 to 00:30.
Le Sirius Bar
Located at Le Sirius Restaurant, the bar is next to the second pool and overlooks the lagoon. Snacks are served between 15:00 and 17:00.
• Open 10:00 to midnight
Unlike other hotels, the all inclusive benefits at Shandrani commence from the time you arrive at the hotel until you depart, regardless of check-in and check-out times.
- Dining, Meals and Snacks
- Breakfast at Le Grand Port or Le Sirius restaurants
- Lunch at Le Grand Port, Le Sirius or Ponte Vecchio Restaurants
- Dinner in a choice of up to four restaurants - Le Grand Port, Ponte Vecchio, Le Sirius or Teak Elephant. Teak Elephant is an adults only restaurant and due to its small and intimate size, guests may be limited to dining at this restaurant once during their stay.
- Snacks from all bars between 15:00 and 17:00
- Pancakes at Blue Bay Bar between 15:00 and 17:00
- Unlimited selected premium branded drinks from Blue Bay Bay, Sirius Bar and at the restaurants - including a selection of imported brands.Champagne by the glass from 6pm
- Selected bottled wine from the wine list during lunch and dinner
- Beach trolley and poolside service
- Drinks from the mini bar in your room: beers, soft drinks, juices and water
At an additional charge
- Speciality wines, spirits and beverages
- Drinks outside of bar opening hours: Blue Bay Bar after 23:30 and Le Sirius Bar after 22:00
- Tray charge for room service
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Telephone, fax, internet and postal services
- Scuba diving, deep sea fishing, catamaran cruises , Shandrani Sailing School and the Beachcomber Sports and Nature programmes (hiking, biking, kayaking and abseiling). Golf and tennis balls.
- Spa Beachcomber treatments, hairdresser and beautician costs.
Sports, Relaxation and Children's Clubs
Numerous free land sports including 6 floodlit tennis courts (equipment free, balls need to be purchased), a 9 hole pitch and putt golf course (equipment free, balls need to be purchased), volleyball court and bocci ball, mountain bikes, group golf and tennis lessons as per hotel schedule
Set amidst lush tropical gardens, the Spa at Shandrani provides an idyllic setting for guests to unwind and leave their worries behind. Designed to reflect the natural beauty, the twenty Robinson Crusoe styled thatched cabins blend seamlessly with bamboo hedges and reflective pools. Take time to step back from your everyday worries and reconnect with yourself by selecting from the comprehensive treatment menu offering exclusive beauty care and well-being options.
Spa Beachcomber at Shandrani features
20 treatment rooms which are made up of:
- 16 singles massage cabins
- 4 double massage cabins
- 1 beauty parlour
- 1 hair salon
- 1 pool
- 1 sauna
- 1 hammam
- Access to the hammam and sauna facilities are reserved to guests on the day of their treatment.
Land and Water Sports
Located with privileged access to the beautiful Blue Bay Marine Park, Shandrani is the ideal place for water sports and there are also a large variety of excellent land based activities for guests to try.
Take a glass-bottomed boat ride to get a closer look at the underwater world, improve your fitness at the health centre or enjoy a round of golf at the 9-hole pitch & putt course. And nature lovers will love immersing themselves in the beautiful surroundings with the Beachcomber Sports & Nature Programme.
With an extensive all-inclusive package, three spectacular white sandy beaches and an array of family friendly accommodation options. All rooms can accommodate a couple and one child but if you need more space for your little ones to roam free, why not stay in a family apartment or suite for two spacious bedrooms and bathrooms complete with baby care facilities available upon request.
Set in tropical gardens, your kids will love spending time at the Shandrani kids club with its own private garden and swing set the friendly team have many surprises and exciting activities up their sleeves to keep your little ones happy and entertained. From learning the Sega dance to playing in the kid’s pool to enjoying water sports and creating their own photo frames to fill your precious family memories in, you can be assured that there is plenty for your kids to do during their stay. There’s even a tasty kid’s menu with fun puzzles to keep them satisfied at meal times. Don’t worry though there’s plenty for you to get involved in, dive into a marine wonderland or indulge yourself with a luxurious spa treatment.
Family friendly facilities:
- Baby bathtub and anti-slip mats provided in room.
- High chair, sterilizer and bottle cleaning products available.
- Complimentary kids club for ages 3-12 with a fun packed activity schedule.
- Complimentary land and water based sports.
- Babysitting service available at a extra charge.
- Early dinner options for families with kid friendly dishes served at hotel restaurants.
- Gourmet purees cooked by the hotel chef available upon request.
- Family apartments are ideal for those with younger children and can accommodate two adults and three children.
- Family suites are situated overlooking the ocean with a private balcony and accommodate two adults and three children.
Shandrani offers two fantastic wedding packages, The Beachcomber Package and the Luxury Beachcomber Package. Each package includes all the necessary legal fees and a dedicated wedding planner at Shandrani who will cater for all your wedding requirements.
The Beachcomber Package
- Includes cost of all legal procedures, fees and documentation
- Civil Status charges in Port Louis including the cost of transfers from your resort to the Civil Status office
- Registrar's fees
- Dedicated wedding planner in Mauritius and a wedding team in the UK
- Choice of wedding locations at chosen resort
- Wedding cake for 10 people
- Bridal bouquet and groom's button hole
- Celebration breakfast in bed
- Separate room for the groom to change in (subject to availability)
Cost | £740
The Beachcomber Luxury Package
The Beachcomber Luxury Package includes everything that the Beachcomber Package offers but also includes these extra treats:
- Bride's spa treatment including a luxury manicure, pedicure and massage
- Groom's spa treatment including a body polish and massage
- Hair and make-up for the bride including a trial session
- One bottle of champagne and canapés for the bride and groom after the ceremony
- A special four course wedding dinner in a private location
- Romantic set-up in room
- A gift from the hotel
Cost | £1,265