The stunning Trou Aux Biches Golf Resort & Spa enjoys a prime position on the west coast near to lively Grand Baie and Port Louis and is set along one of the best stretches of beaches in Mauritius.
Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber is an all suite property offering an impressive choice of accommodation from Beachfront Suites with their own plunge pools to two and three-bedroom family villas. For family holidays there’s even a complimentary kids and teens club.
There really is plenty for you to enjoy here, from a cooling dip in one of the six garden pools, to joining in numerous free land and water sports. Or just relax and enjoy the hotels outstanding setting.
- Set on one of the best beaches in Mauritius
- Choice of 6 restaurants
- Luxurious accommodation and fantastic family villas
- Beachfront suites all have their own plunge pools
- Full-Board Plus available at Trou aux Biches
- Superb golf available at Mont Choisy Le Golf
With sleek and sophisticated décor the rooms and suites are a comfortable and tranquil retreat for couples, families and honeymooners.
All Rooms and suites include: Individually controlled air-conditioning, bathroom with bathtub, shower and W.C, minibar, hair dryer, safe, international direct dialling telephone, television with satellite channels, free Wi-Fi internet access, iron and ironing board, complimentary tea & coffee making facilities, ceiling fan.
Non-Smoking Policy: All rooms, restaurants, bars and public areas of the hotel are non-smoking areas.
Mauritius Villas at Trou aux Biches
Located at the heart of tropical gardens, there are 10 two bedroom villas and 17 three bedroom villas, ideal for both families and couples. Each one overlooks its own private garden, where you can kick off your day with a morning swim in your plunge pool. Enjoy barbeques on the spacious decked terrace whilst your personal butler looks after your every need.
Restaurants and Bars
Embark on a culinary journey with casual settings reflecting island lifestyle, sip an exotic cocktail by the beach and treat your taste buds to Mauritian, Asian and European delicacies. All four of the restaurants offer great atmosphere, beautiful food and impeccable service.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and evening meal (Bed and breakfast if staying in one of the superb villas). Dinner is either buffer or daily Chef's Menu, in selected restaurants only, with á la carte dishes available at a supplement. Occasionally a restaurant may close for a group booking or during Low Season.
Dress code: During the day the dress code is casual, during the evening the restaurants prefer guests to be smart-casual, so shirts and trousers (full length) for men.
Non-Smoking Policy: Each restaurant features a smoking area and non-smoking section. Smoking will, however, be permitted in all bars.
Open 7 days a week, L'Oasis overlooks the pool and sea, serving international cuisine with live cooking stations.
• Open 07:30 to 10:00 for breakfast, 12:30 to 15:00 for lunch and 19:00 to 22:00 for dinner.
This beach side restaurant serves amazing seafood specialities.
• Open 12:00 - 15:00 for á la carte lunch and 19:00 - 22:00 for dinner
• Open 6 evenings a week. Seats 100.
Wood, bamboo and natural shades help create a Zen atmosphere at Blue Ginger.
• Open 6 evenings a week for dinner (chef's daily menu) 19:00 - 22:00. Seats 60.
Meals at Mahiya are served in traditional Indian copper dished.
• Open 6 evenings a week for dinner (chef's daily menu) 19:00 - 22:00. Seats 40.
Open for breakfast 07:30 - 10:00, á la carte or buffet lunch 12:30 - 15:00 and dinner (á la carte and chef's daily menu) 19:00 - 22:00. Seats 100.
Italian restaurant open 6 evenings a week for á la carte and chef's daily menu dinner.
• Open from 19:00 - 22:00. Seats 80.
The main bar overlooking the swimming pool and lagoon, specializing in tropical cocktails.
• Open from 10:00 to 01:00. Tea, coffee and pancakes are served from 15:30 to 17:00.
La Caravelle Bar
Located close to the beach, the perfect place to enjoy the most beautiful sunsets on the island. Here you can enjoy a selection of house-special rum cocktails, cigars and champagne.
• Open from 10:00 to midnight.
Step into a peaceful haven, your spa experience begins with a herbal tea and refreshing towel, the ideal welcome into this idyllic setting. Time time to unwind by the large reflective pool or relax under the shade of frangipane trees. Tucked in tropical gardens the rustic thatched cabins provide an blissful encounter with nature where you can enjoy massages carried out to the sound of bird calls, or try a treatment inside the cool comfortable air-conditioned indoor pavilions. So whether it be an indulgent shoulder massage or full body wrap you will leave feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
- 2 saunas
- 2 hammams
- 17 massage cabins (including 6 double cabins and 2 cabins dedicated to shiatsu/Thai massages)
- 1 balneotherapy room
- 2 Vichy shower rooms
- Locker rooms
- Hairdresser and beauty parlour
- Relaxing area
Land and water sports
Try your hand at a vast array of land and water activities perfect to keep all ages entertained from perfecting your serve on the tennis court to sailing on the crystal waters and getting a panoramic view of the colourful underwater world with a glass bottom boat. Or why not tee off from the magnificent Mont Choisy Le Golf for the ultimate golfing experience.
Mont Choisy Le Golf
In the heart of the northern plain of Mauritius lies a new and exciting golf course, Mont Choisy Le Golf. Set around a new urban development of 250 acres, the course has been designed by Peter Matkovich. As a former professional golfer, Peter Matkovich built his first golf course in 1975 and has since built many more around the world including others on Mauritius. Mont Choisy Le Golf is an 18-hole championship course set amidst an old sugar cane plantation and is only a few minutes drive from Trou aux Biches Beachcomber. Guests of Trou aux Biches have access to the preferential tee off times and reduced green fees which include golf carts. The hotel will also provide complimentary transfers to and from the course.
Book a Golf Suite at Trou aux Biches Beachcomber and receive free green fees and golf cart daily at Mont Choisy Le Golf.
Hole 1 – Par 4 – 394m
A gentle opening hole that offers a generous fairway to start your round.
Hole 2 – Par 4 – 398m
A tough hole with a gentle dogleg to the right playing towards a raised green.
Hole 3 – Par 4 – 328m
A short risk & reward hole offering a good birdie opportunity for the better player.
Hole 4 – Par 3 – 200m
Medium to long hole towards a green strategically positioned between two large mounds.
Hole 5 – Par 5 – 466m
A short hole into the prevailing winds. Subtle slopes can make it difficult to reach the green in less than three shots.
Hole 6 – Par 4 – 410m
This demanding hole is played from an elevated tee towards a generous fairway. The approach shot to the green is played from a natural rise.
Hole 7 – Par 5 – 523m
This hole will require some thought. It will often be played into the prevailing wind. Your second shot will be the key to securing a par.
Hole 8 – Par 3 – 162m
This short hole is played to a green protected by a pond and bunkers. It offers a good securing opportunity on a calm day.
Hole 9 – Par 4 – 393m
A series of small strategic bunkers protect both the fairway and the green. This hole offers a real birdie opportunity for the better player.
Hole 10 – Par 4 – 411m
A generous fairway provides some breathing space on an otherwise challenging hole. The approach to a large undulated green includes a strategically placed bunker in front.
Hole 11 – Par 3 – 180m
A long par 3 played to a long narrow green protected by large bunkers.
Hole 12 – Par 5 – 546m
This long hole played slightly up hill offering three different options on the second shot.
Hole 13 – Par 4 – 291m
An exciting short hole played downhill towards a green protected by a pond offers a potential eagle put.
Hole 14 – Par 5 – 536m
A shortish par 5 with a dog leg left and a pond towards a small green protected by bunkers and swales.
Hole 15 – Par 3 – 125m
A short hole across a wetland to an island green featuring the ancient chimneys, one of the signature landmarks of the estate.
Hole 16 – Par 4 – 398m
A picturesque par 4 which plays towards the historical agricultural landscape of the estate. It requires an accurate tee shot leaving a second shot slightly uphill to the green.
Hole 17 – Par 3 – 178m
The long green s protected by a large bunker that frames this beautiful hole.
Hole 18 – Par 5 – 503m
This grand finale hole is bound to provide its share of drama leaving you excited until your next round at Mont Choisy Le Golf.
With a superb range of accommodation categories designed specifically for families looking for extra space and activities for both kids and teens at the resort clubs, there really is something to keep all ages happy. Family suites are the perfect family getaway with spacious bedrooms and a private pool, or maybe you’d prefer your own villa? Surrounded by lush tropical gardens and with the option of two or three bedrooms, these family friendly villas have their own private pool, barbeque area and baby care amenities and really you can't get much better than that.
Finding ways to keep your children happy, entertained and safe on holiday can be a challenge but with spacious resort clubs, you can relax and enjoy the hotel activities and facilities at your own pace. The younger ones can play in the private kid’s pool and enjoy an extensive range of activities from water-skiing to watching spectacular fire shows. Meanwhile teens can avoid boredom, make new friends, enjoy snorkeling and unleashing their competitive side with tennis tournaments.
Family friendly facilities:
- Baby and child car seat available at extra charge.
- Baby pram and high chair available at extra charge.
- Baby cot, bathtub and baby care products including shampoo and body lotion available within room.
- Bottle sterilizer and warmer, baby monitor, bed rail and toilet reduction seat available upon request.
- Babysitting service available at an extra charge.
- Complimentary kids club for ages 3-12 and teens club for ages 13-17 both with fun packed activities.
- Early dinners for families with kid friendly meals served at the hotel restaurants.
- Complimentary land and water based activities.
- Gourmet purees prepared by the chef upon request.
- Spacious family suites designed to accommodate two adults and three children.
- Luxurious family friendly villas with the choice between two or three bedrooms each with private garden and pool.
Trou aux Biches Weddings
Trou aux Biches offers two fantastic wedding packages, The Beachcomber Package and the Luxury Beachcomber Package. Each package includes all the necessary legal fees and a dedicated wedding planner at Trou aux Biches who will cater for all your wedding requirements.
The Beachcomber Package
- Includes cost of all legal procedures, fees and documentation
- Civil Status charges in Port Louis including the cost of transfers from your resort to the Civil Status office
- Registrar's fees
- Dedicated wedding planner in Mauritius and a wedding team in the UK
- Choice of wedding locations at chosen resort
- Wedding cake for 10 people
- Bridal bouquet and groom's button hole
- Celebration breakfast in bed
- Separate room for the groom to change in (subject to availability)
Cost | £740
The Beachcomber Luxury Package
The Beachcomber Luxury Package includes everything that the Beachcomber Package offers but also includes these extra treats:
- Bride's spa treatment including a luxury manicure, pedicure and massage
- Groom's spa treatment including a body polish and massage
- Hair and make-up for the bride including a trial session
- One bottle of champagne and canapés for the bride and groom after the ceremony
- A special four course wedding dinner in a private location
- Romantic set-up in room
- A gift from the hotel
Cost | £1,265